Monday, June 19, 2017

Get up. Get dressed. Paint.: Needing a day to paint

After a weekend full of cleaning, gardening, shopping, and cooking in preparation for a Father's Day family gathering, I needed a day to paint.  I looked to my Inspiring Art Journal Pages Pinterest board to get my creative juices flowing.  This post, Art Journaling: Art Without Rules by Daisy Yellow was exactly what I needed.  I pulled some magazine images from my stash and several of my go-to paint colors and began.  Quieting my mind was difficult at first but having New Age Ambient Radio playing in the background tamed the chatter.

The aftermath...





 Exactly what I needed to get the week started.

Joining in at Microblog Mondays

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how we try to quiet our minds but I'll bet once you started painting all was quiet. I tell my husband all the time that when artists "do their art", you get into that quiet space where you're magically no longer tired, sick, hot, cold... there's just peace. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful... love your creation. I see in your bio up there you're a teacher like me! I do this blogging and creating thing on the side as well. But, now I'm past 50, I find myself (like you), craving more creating time and less of the day to day overwhelm from the 'real' world. That Mary Oliver quotes is one of my absolute favourites. I'm a big proponent of practising gratitude, and that quote is gratitude in a nutshell! Very pleased to have found your wonderful online space via Microblog Mondays! Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.