Sunday, May 14, 2017

Playing in the purple journal.

Creating a page incorporating a photo from a very talented photo artist Chandra Lynn sent via a photo swap.  My desire was to keep the page simple as to not detract from her gorgeous photo.  For the background I glued down crumpled purple tissue paper.  Thinking it was too plain I found a sheet of deep navy tissue paper which I sprayed with Perfect Pearls spray in pearl before gluing down.  The crinkles give the page some need texture. 

Using ribbon to frame the photo:

I was trying to match the leaves in the photo which have a touch of olive.  I sprayed the olive vine first with Distress Stain in hickory smoke.  It did not mute enough of the green so after drying it I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls spray in pewter.

Allistair was determined to "assist" me but became distracted playing in the paper.

And again as I was add the ribbon.

Give away reminder:

 Help me find the perfect title for this purple art journal.  If I use your suggestion I will send you an 8x10 mixed media piece, in purple of course!  Go HERE to leave your suggested title.

3 comments:

  1. Allistair is a star and your page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Rocking the purple this week! I am going to have to drag my purples out and give it a go! Beautiful fur baby! My 3 girls are usually in the craft room with me watching every thing I am doing! Got to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' it! And it looks like Alistair is lovin' it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your insights.